Wednesday, December 1, 2010

5 months old!



I know I am super late with this post! Ethan turned 5 months on November 16th & we had his check up on November 19th. He weighed 19 pounds (90%) and was 28 inches long (>95%)!!! He is a big baby and I love it! No one believes us when we tell them he is only 5 1/2 months now. Here are things I don't want to forget about month 5!

He sleeps about 11-12 hours at night. He used to take a late evening nap & we are trying to stop that so he will go to bed earlier. He usually goes to bed between 8-9pm and gets up at 8-9am.

He takes a 6-7oz bottle about 5 times a day & we give him his vegies at dinnertime.

He doesn't care much for rice cereal or oatmeal, so we skipped those and went straight to vegies! He LOVES squash, carrots, and sweet potatoes. He is not too fond of green beans yet! He definitely loves sweeter foods. We are holding off on fruits for awhile, per doctor's orders.

He is proficient at rolling from his back to belly (only towards the right side so far though). If he gets all the way over on his belly, he has a tough time getting back.

He is SCOOTING all over the place. As in, he can lift his little booty up and move around! He started this about a week ago, and no matter which way I put him in his crib, I always find him somewhere else. He will be completely the opposite direction & on his belly/side!

As soon as we lay him in his crib, he pulls up his legs and rolls to his right side. Every time.

He is very very vocal right now. He has learned to squeal, scream & over Thanksgiving started this fake cough thing. I need to catch in on video, it is so funny! He does it and then looks at us to see if we noticed!

He loves to lay on the floor and stretch out and play with toys. He is almost too big for his swing now & doesn't care much for it anymore.

I don't know how much longer he is going to last in his infant carseat. He still fits into the height/weight requirements, but it is almost too heavy for me to lift & carry! We already have his convertible carseat, so I think we will make that transition by the first of the year.

He is wearing 9 month clothes & fits into some 12 month clothes!

He still wears size 3 diapers, hopefully for awhile longer :)

I'm sure there is more, but I can't think of anything right now!

No comments: