Monday, June 3, 2013

29 weeks (with twins)

How far along? 29 weeks
 Total weight gain/loss: +35lbs as of this morning..
Maternity clothes? Yes, sadly I am running out of shirts that fit the belly.
 Stretch marks? Oh yes, they've been there for years.
Sleep: When I do sleep it's okay.  Waking up with back/hip/leg pain most nights which isn't fun. I have been waking up between 3-4AM the past few days and not able to fall back asleep.  I don't enjoy it.
Best moment this week: Making it another week!  Good appointment today.  The weather is beautiful this week!
Movement: Yes they are having a party in there!
Food cravings: sweets
Gender: TWO BOYS!!!!! Kaden & Logan
Labor Signs: Contractions off and on.  Nothing regular thankfully.
Belly Button in or out? still in, but completely flat.
 What I miss: Feeling like a human being!
What I am looking forward to: Growth ultrasound next week.  Getting past 34 weeks.  I am ready to be done.  8 more weeks!
Milestone: I made it past 28 weeks!  That is the first milestone for twins!  Next up is 32 weeks, and then once I get past 34 weeks if I were to go into labor I can deliver at the hospital in town.  It better not happen before then or I have to head to Seattle!

29 weeks measuring 37 weeks
I had a scare last week Wednesday.  That was my first day at work after 4 days off (Memorial Day).  I felt dizzy and headachy while getting ready for work but just assumed it was normal because I am feeling like that more and more these days.  Well I made it about an hour sitting at my desk before I just couldn't take it.  My heart was racing, I was short of breath and extremely nauseated.  I ended up vomiting a few times and just felt bad over all.  I went to my lead and told her I thought I should go home.  At that point she said I should really see my OB due to the shortness of breath and I agreed.  Thankfully I work right downstairs from my OBs office.  They got me right in and my B/p and heart rate were elevated.  The doctor came in and asked what had been going on and he decided I needed to go to L&D to be checked out.  I told him I would call my hubby to come get me and he said no I am calling an ambulance, we are not taking any risks. 

I started getting worried at that point.  My husband met me at L&D and they were very quick to get things going.  They thought I had a DVT or PE which was very scary.  I had an EKG, chest xray, doppler study of both legs, and tons of lab work.  They hooked me up to the NST and wouldn't you know it I was also contracting like crazy.  The doctor checked me and I was soft but still closed.  He did a fetal fibronectin test which checks to see if you might go into labor in the next 2 weeks and that was negative as well.  I spent 7 hours in triage and had 2 OB's and an internist overseeing my care.  They finally decided to admit me overnight for observation.  I had another spell of the SOB, rapid heart rate and crummy feeling, but then nothing else.  What they did find is that I have a very low platelet count.  At my OB appointment today, the doctor decided to send me to a hematologist to make sure there isn't an underlying cause.  Let's hope not!  Tomorrow is my first day back at work since that day and I'm a little nervous.  It's not comfortable to sit for a long period or stand, but I'll just have to make do.  I am only working 2.5 days a week from here on out unless they decide to stop it all together again. 

On another note, my wonderful friends threw me a baby shower this past weekend and it was wonderful!  We got a ton of stuff (mainly clothes, blankets, burp rags, and a huge gift card to costco!).  I am washing all of the newborn clothes, hats, and blankets today :)  Only 8 more weeks to go!!

No comments: