Monday, July 6, 2009

I have a blog!?

I haven't blogged in almost 4 months! I'm sure the few followers I had have forgotten who I am by now (not that there was anything special to begin with ;) Things have been a little crazy since my last post, I will try to catch you up!

1) C has yet to find another job. However, the job he got laid of from in October is part of some federal trade act that will pay for you to go to school for 2 years, and still pay you unemployment. We just found out last week that he got approved for this!! We are beyond thrilled! This is the best thing that could have happened, way better than him just getting any old job. He should be able to finish his degree in 2 years (he already has 2 years in)! Today he started the long process of getting everything set up to start school this fall (which isn't that far away!?)

2) Obviously since we lost half of our income, we have put TTC on hold. We are both sad about this but we know it is the best thing for us at this time. My cycles have been a little messed up since I have the miscarriage, so I am hoping when we do TTC again everything will be in working order!

3) My mom flew me back to Indiana the beginning of June and it was the absolute best thing ever and something I needed SOO badly! Since it takes a whole day to travel from Northwest Washington to Indiana, I really only had 3 days there. I got to see pretty much my whole family, my best friend and my nephews! Now I only have to wait 3 more months and we will be going back to my BIL's wedding! C is SO excited to go back and see his friends!

4) Since our income is less than we would like, we are hoping to move into a smaller 2 bed, 2 bath apartment next month. We are currently renting a 3 bed, 2 bath which is a lot more than we need! We use the 3rd bedroom for all of our extra junk that we don't know what to do with! We should find out Friday if the tenant is for sure moving out. If so, we are good to go! It will save us about $110 a month, which would be AWESOME!

Overall, we have managed pretty well with C's unemployment income and my income. Luckily we had built a pretty good cushion before he lost his job, so we are doing okay! It sucks having to watch every penny we spend, but I know we are blessed to still have the things we do (especially each other!) I am a little worried because we don't know 100% for sure that he will get the unemployment (or for how long). Please say a prayer that he will be covered for the next year at least!

In other news, we had the final weigh in for our work Weight Loss Challenge. I lost a total of 13 pounds, . I didn't win the challenge, but I am glad that I have a good start on my weight loss journey. I have about 20 pounds to go until I am back to my pre-marriage weight! I lost my motivation for a while after the miscarriage, but I have found it again!!

1 comment:

Mrs.Andreazza said...

Congrats on the weight loss! Keep it up! I hope you get the apartment you want and I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers that your financial situation will stay stable!!