Wednesday, June 29, 2011

One Year Stats!

We had Ethan's one year check up today! His doctor was on vacation the past week so that is why we are a couple of weeks late. He is turning into a shy little boy when we are around new people! He will turn his head in and smile and it is so cute! He is such a little charmer & flirt! So here are his stats for 12 mths!

Weight: 24lbs 2.5oz (75%)

Height: 31.5in (95%)

Head: I didn't get number, but it is >95%! Love his big noggin' ;)

We have had some concerns about allergies recently. Ethan has very sensitive skin and has been getting very red skin and little bumps all over randomly. He also has very puffy eyes and rubs them constantly. My hubby had HORRIBLE allergies as a baby (and still does). His included food allergies to peanuts, eggs, and citrus. Due to this we have been very careful about what we feed Ethan. My doctor felt it was best to wait on him getting his MMR vaccine until we see an allergist to be 100% sure it is safe.

Now you know I work in the pediatric office that we take Ethan to & I am a nurse. I am very much Pro-Vaccine because I think the benefits far outweigh the risks. I give tons of vaccines everyday to children. I trust Ethan's doctor 100% and I am fine with waiting a couple of months until we see the allergist. I want to make sure it is completely safe for him to get the MMR vaccine. He got his 3 other vaccines that we due and did great! He cried for a few seconds while we got them, but as soon as I picked him up he was fine!

We also had his first dentist appointment today. It was more of a meet & greet. I really liked the staff, dentist and the office! They took us to the "Mommy and Me" room and I just held Ethan on my lap while they looked around! I knew Ethan had one tooth on the top about to poke through (it finally broke through the skin last night), but the dentist said all FOUR of his top front teeth are about to break through. His poor gums are extremely swollen! No wonder he has been fussy! I can't wait until they come through!

So at 12 months, Ethan is a very active little boy!! Here is what he is up to...

He crawls at full speed!

He cruises around everything! He can stand up my grabbing onto the wall and will walk holding onto the wall with one hand. He is SO CLOSE to walking!

He can pull himself up on doors and open the door handle! Seriously, my baby is too tall and too smart LOL :)

He is 100% drinking whole milk and has been for about a month. He decided he didn't want bottles anymore either so he is drinking out of sippy cups! I am so happy with this. He made the transition so easy. He prefers the sippy cups with straws.

He eats anything and everything ( minus eggs, peanuts, & citrus fruits for now). He really isn't a picky eater. He LOVES yogurt, cheese, strawberries, bananas, waffles, and anything else mommy makes!

He says Hi, dada, baba, nana, but not really saying Mama yet. Someday soon I hope!

He is still in size 4 diapers and wears 12-18 mth clothes (mainly 18 mth). Size 5 shoes! His feet are HUGE!

No comments: