Sunday, December 30, 2012

Surprise! We're having twins!!

Where do I even start?  We had our first ultrasound scheduled on the 26th (at 6 weeks 2 days) due to a previous miscarriage.  I had been spotting quite a bit, but also feeling very sick & exhausted.  I kept telling my hubby that this is either a girl, or something else is going on.  My in-laws and best friend joked that maybe there are 2 babies, and I quickly shut them down.  We had planned for one more baby, not for two!

Imagine our surprise when the ultrasound technician told us there were TWO babies & TWO heartbeats!!!
                                                                         Twins!

The ultrasound tech kept looking around and when she got to my right ovary, she said "Oh, that's why there are two.  You ovulated twice."  Apparently I released two eggs.  Still in shock, I just kept saying "no, no there can't be two.  Are you sure?"  I could clearly see the two sacs!  After talking with the doctor, I am carrying fraternal twins.  The technical term is diamniotic dichorionic twins.  She said it was the safest all of twin pregnancies because each baby has it's own sac & own placenta.  We are adjusting to the news & are actually quite excited now.  I am a little nervous for the road ahead, but just trying to take it one day at a time!  At least now I know why my jeans were hard to button & I have been SO incredibly sick!

Here is my first belly picture.  7 weeks with twins!! 
7 weeks with twins!





How far along? 7 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: I think I'm down 1 or 2 pounds
Maternity clothes? Yes, jeans.  My best friend had a baby 2 months ago and just gave me all of her clothes.  So thankful I lost so much weight last year & can wear them!
Stretch marks? Oh yes, they've been there for years.
Sleep: I am either out like a light, or toss and turn all night.  I have to use the restroom quite a bit. 
Best moment this week: Finding out my babies are healthy with heartbeats =)
Movement: Nothing yet.
Food cravings: Tarquitos.  Specifically the brand from Costco.  Also, cereal.
Gender: No Idea.  I'm hoping for a boy & a girl.
Labor Signs: nope.
Belly Button in or out? still in.
What I miss: Energy & not being sick.  But it is all worth it.
What I am looking forward to: Next appointment Jan 10th!
Milestone: Finding out there are two babies with heartbeats!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

WOW!!! What exciting news!! Congratulations!!!!