Sunday, January 11, 2009

Keep it up!!

I know it's only been a few days since I started my "lifestyle change" but the first few days & weeks are the most difficult! I have been doing great sticking to healthier choices and keeping my calories under control. I am pretty proud of myself! C seems to be pretty proud of me too, which really makes me feel good! I think he knows I am serious this time about getting healthy. We were driving to Wal-Mart today to get my MP3 player (yay!) and I told him I just want to feel better but look better too when we go back home to Indiana in October. He told me I already look great and I don't need to change anything. I love my husband! I just want to get healthier!! I know I can do it!

So I am reading The Best Life Diet and it has taught me so much!! Things I should have known being a nurse and all, but I never really thought about! So there are phases to this life diet you have to go through. I am obviously in phase one which is supposed to last at least 4 weeks. The really hard part about phase one is not weight myself again for another 4 weeks! I am one of those crazy girls that likes to weight every other day LOL even though I know it isn't accurate. This is going to teach me about patience right? =)

I am so excited because C agreed that I needed an MP3 player to work out with! I can't do it without music, how boring! I didn't get a really expensive or fancy one, but I like it! It's pink! I have been busy putting all of my favorite music on it! Now if only I could figure out how to make a playlist lol. I am not the most technilogically savvy person. I may have to go get C to help me soon.

We are going to his parents house for dinner tonight. I am excited because his parents are AWESOME. I am truly blessed with great in-laws. They would (and have done) anything for us. They moved us across the country, pretty great huh? We haven't seen them in about 2 weeks which is a long time for us considering they only live a few miles away. Hopefully she is making something healthy! If not, it's all about portion control!

I hope everyone has a great week! I work Mon-Wed, my 3 12 hour shifts then I'm off for 3 days, YAY!

No comments: