Wednesday, June 23, 2010

1 week old!

I can't believe Ethan is already a week old. Time is flying by and needs to slow down a little! Ethan weighed 7lbs 1 oz yesterday which means he is up 9 ounces since Sunday! Sadly he is not nursing at all so we have been supplementing with formula and whatever breast milk I get when I pump. I am still not getting very much so I started taking Fenugreek yesterday which is an herbal supplement to help my milk supply. It smells like maple syrup and will supposedly make me smell like that in the next day or two! I don't care as long as it helps. I really want to be able to feed him breast milk solely, but only time will tell. The most important thing is that he eats and gains weight and he is doing that now!

We had our first big outing on Monday. I had to go to the doctor to get my staples out. My blood pressure is still too high the my doctor put me on medication to bring it down. Hopefully it will only be temporary, but about 40% of women who have high blood pressure during pregnancy end up with hypertension for good. I hope not! That is what happened to my mom, so it very well may be my future. We ran a few errands after my appointment and Ethan did so well. he slept pretty much the whole time which was great.

I am still in a little bit of pain from the c-section, but have slowly decreased the pain medication. It is getting a little better everyday. I definitely can't walk too much (which I did on Monday) or it will start hurting a lot. I am learning to sit more and take it easy! I will post a few more pictures soon, but right now Ethan is ready to eat!

No comments: