Monday, June 7, 2010

another trip to L&D

When I woke up this morning I had a horrible headache. I checked my blood pressure & it was 148/103. Well, that's not good! I saw down for about 10 minutes and rechecked it. It was 159/102! I continued to check it about every 10 minutes and it stayed just as high for another couple times. I called my doctor's office and they had the nurse call me back about 15 minutes later. I told her what my blood pressures were and she wanted to know if I had been started on any medication yet. No, I sure haven't. She said she would talk to the doctor and get right back to me.

Let's just say that 4 hours later when she finally called me back my blood pressure was fine and my headache was gone. Obviously, if my blood pressure had continued to be high and/or my headache had worsened I would have called them back earlier. It was nice to know that they were so concerned though...

She told me my doctor wanted me to go to L&D for another non-stress test and lab work. I asked her if it was really necessary since my B/P had been fine for a couple of hours and my headache was gone!? She told me I needed to go anyway. C was in class and couldn't leave, so I went by myself. I got there and they hooked me up to the monitor, drew my blood and I laid there in THE MOST uncomfortable "bed" for 2 hours. Of course my B/P was fine the whole time, and Ethan looked great on the monitor. My lab work came back great once again so I go sent home. I don't understand why my blood pressure keeps spiking in the mornings (it has gotten progressively higher the past few days in the morning time) but then it levels out during the day. As long as I'm not doing anything that is!

So now I just keep sitting and waiting. I have my BPP ultrasound tomorrow and won't even see my doctor until Friday. I hope I don't end up in the hospital again until it is time to have my baby!!!

No comments: