Saturday, June 19, 2010

He's here!!

My doctor's appointment on Monday the 14th turned into an induction when my blood pressure was through the roof again. To make a long story short...after being induced and being in labor for 24 hours I never dilated more than 4 cm. Ethan Dale was born via c-section on June 16th at 12:18am weighing 7 lbs 5 oz and 19.5 in long! He is absolutely beautiful and we are in love! We were able to come home yesterday evening which was wonderful after being in the hospital this entire week!
Ethan is a great nurser when my breasts cooperate. It started off really great and I thought I had gotten lucky, but then by Friday my nipples were completely flat and he couldn't latch on. It was getting to the point last night that he was so hungry and angry that he wouldn't latch at all because it was too much work. Thankfully a wonderful home health nurse came to see us at home today and helped us out. We are now the proud new owners of a breast pump which I will be using to help my milk come in as quickly as possible ( I think it's almost there anyways). I may have to pump exclusively and feed him with a bottle but at least it's breast milk.

The doctor said I definitely had pre-eclampsia after follow up labs on Thursday and it seems to have gotten slightly worse after I delivered Ethan. My blood pressures are still kind of high and my right lower leg/ankle is HUGE! Hopefully that will subside soon. I go to the doctor on Monday to get my staples out. I have to say the c-section wasn't as bad as I thought. The whole experience would have been better had I not been completely exhausted from being up for so long but what can you do. The pain has been tolerable, not nearly as bad as I thought it would be.
So that's what has been going on this week. We are home in time to celebrate my husband's first Father's Day! Here are some pictures of our little boy. He's pretty damn cute if I say so myself :)

No comments: