Wednesday, June 30, 2010

2 weeks old!

Ethan is 2 weeks old today! I can't believe how fast time is going by already. Before I know it he is going to be walking & talking *breathes into paper bag*. He already looks so much bigger than when we brought him home. We had his first pediatrician appointment yesterday for his 2 week check up and circumcision. He weighed in at 8lbs 3.5oz and was 20 in long! He gained almost 2 pounds in 9 days! His lowest point was 6lbs 8oz, so we are very happy he is growing well now :) The doctor said he looked perfect! He is having some goopy discharge from his eyes & as I suspected the doctor thinks his tear ducts are clogged. She prescribed some antibiotic ointment and I can already tell a difference.

As for the circumcision he slept through the entire thing! The doctor asked me if I wanted to come with him and watch it and I politely declined. I have seen it done a few times and did not wish to see my own child go through it! He was a trooper though! He also got his heel poked to check his 2nd PKU, and he SCREAMED when the nurse had to poke him TWO times to get enough blood. Poor baby!!

As soon as we strapped him into his car seat he was not a happy camper. I can't blame him either! Those straps are so tight, especially when you've just had something snipped! We had a rough ride home and an even harder time tracking down infant Tylenol due to the recall. We were finally able to get some and once he got a dose at home he slept for quite awhile. We had a few more fussy periods, but last night he managed to sleep almost a 5 hour stretch! Then almost 4 hours! I'm hoping tonight goes just as well :)

We are looking forward to this weekend! Ethan's aunt and uncle are coming to visit from Indiana and staying for a week! We can't wait for them to meet Ethan and to just spend time with them!!

No comments: